- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1½ cups cashew milk, almond milk, or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, more for serving
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ tablespoon Meyer lemon juice or orange juice, optional
- lemon zest or a few drops of lemon oil, optional
- seasonal fruit and/or chopped nuts, for topping
- In a large jar or bowl, stir together the chia seeds, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, lemon juice, and lemon zest, if using.
- Chill covered for 30 minutes, then stir again, incorporating the chia seeds that have sunk to the bottom. Chill for about 6 hours, or overnight, until the chia pudding is thick. If it gets too thick, stir in a little more milk to reach your desired consistency.
- To serve, scoop chia pudding into bowls and top with fruit, nuts, and maple syrup, as desired.